For the avoidance of doubt and in the spirit of honesty, the disclosure ‘manifesto’ I follow for Fitness On Toast are as follows:
1) PRINCIPLE: The over-riding remit of Fitness On Toast is to be a place of honesty and integrity for people who love fitness and wellness, so that they feel secure that what they read is a genuine and useful opinion.
2) LINKS: I very rarely use links via an affiliate site (Linkshare) on some posts which means that should you buy via that link I will receive a modest percentage of that sale. However, as Fitness On Toast features a heavy amount of preview products which are not yet on sale, the ‘paid link’ is not a ubiquitous occurrence.
3) MERITOCRACY: I do not, and never have, posted positive reviews in exchange for product or other incentives. The world is a meritocracy: if a post is sponsored, this will be called out accordingly in the post.
4) GENUINE OPINION: There is absolutely nothing that guarantees a positive review. Products are reviewed as I find them. I do not accept sponsorship or advertising on products that I have nothing positive or useful to say about. I turn down significantly more requests for sponsorship and advertising than I accept, but I try to respond to all requests one way or the other.
5) ADVERTISING: On occasion, I may opt to install a limited amount of advertising in my side bar – this advertising would be carefully selected by me for appropriateness to the Fitness On Toast readership.
6) CHARGES: I do not make any charges to organically review, photograph, Tweet, Pin or Instagram products.
7) SCHEDULING: If I am travelling, posts might on very rare occasions, be scheduled. Otherwise, they are almost exclusively written and posted in real-time.
8) FREEBIES: I am regularly sent complimentary products in my role both as a personal trainer and blogger.
9) CONSULTANCY: As part of Fitness On Toast and my participation in the fitness realm as a trainer, gymgoer, blogger, reviewer and consumer, I offer a consultancy service to brands and agencies for which I may charge a fee.
10) NO GUEST POSTS: I do not currently accept guest posts (and never post infographics). I write everything on Fitness On Toast myself, as I want to keep it authentic and honest.
11) CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: I am extremely keen that there should be no conflicts of interest on this site. I affiliate myself only with those products and companies I genuinely like, and by doing so, I am comfortable representing the merit I see in them to those who browse this site, or any of my social media accounts.
If you’d like to know a little more about the mechanics of how I approach the process of blogging, please feel free to browse my Blogging 101 post HERE.
That’s it really! Faya x
Terms & Conditions
For the method competition launched on the Fitness On Toast Instagram page on Weds 10th May 2017.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for purposes as described in the Terms & Conditions of this promotion. For the purposes of this competition, the Promoter is method Products.
1. The method Products promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of method products, its affiliates, its agencies or any other company or persons directly connected with the administration of the promotion. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
2. The promotion commences on 10.05.2017, and remains open for submissions until the closing date of 23:59:59 GMT on 16.05.2017. Entries made after this closing date may appear on the Instagram page, but will not be eligible for judging. Entrants must have an account with Instagram in order to take part.
3. There is one prize package to be won: a 12 month supply of method laundry detergent, and a choice of one Monreal London bag currently for sale on their website HERE.
4. No purchase is necessary. To enter the promotion, simply interact with Instagram post on the Fitness On Toast Instagram page, by liking the laydown picture posted on 10.05.2017 and commenting below it about why you like your favourite activewear brands. The closing date for submissions is 23:59:59 GMT on 16.05.2017
Please ensure that your submission is publicly visible, or you may not be entered!
5. The winner will be chosen by Faya Nilsson, from all submissions received by the closing date.
6. The winners will be informed via an Instagram direct message, and will also be announced below the Instagram image, as a comment. Please be sure to check her pages and your own social media feeds in case you are the winner. The winner must respond within 14 days of the day on which their notification message was sent. In the event of the winner not responding within 14 days, their prize will be forfeited, and a replacement winner selected.
7. The prize is subject to specific product fragrance availability. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the prize descriptions listed in clause 3 above, including but not limited to tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges or other extra charges or otherwise, security fees, and incidentals, taxes, or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winners and their guests and are not covered by the Promoter.
8. The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-redeemable and non-negotiable, and no cash alternative will be offered. The prize winner understands that the prize may not be resold.
9. The prize winner must be aged 18 years or over.
10. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Entries made online by such methods as macros, bots, a script, or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed, and all such entries will be disqualified.
11. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion to disqualify any entrant whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the terms and conditions or the intention of the promotion, and to declare as void any or all entries based on such conduct.
12. By participating in the promotion, entrants confirm that their social media contribution to the promotion is original, emanates from the entrant themselves and have not been used or submitted previously in any contest or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (beyond entrant’s immediate circle of friends and family) through any means. All submitted entries must not be protected by copyright or other rights and/or infringe on the right of third parties. This includes copyrights, logos, trademarks, trade names or proprietary rights. Images must not refer to any of the Promoter’s competitors, must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, be false, inaccurate or misleading or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, disparaging, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed to third parties. The copy of designs from other sources is not allowed and will lead to immediate disqualification. Any submitted entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. The entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless Instagram and the Promoter in case of any third party claims.
13. For the good and valuable consideration of participating in the promotion, sufficiency of which each entrant acknowledges by participating, each entrant grants to Promoter, its affiliates, successors and assigns, licensees, agencies and those they may designate from time to time, a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully transferable and sublicensable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and licence to copy, distribute, and display each submitted entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, publish, distribute, transmit, display, produce and create derivative works there from, and perform such entries submitted by entrant, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or later discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from entrant (except where prohibited by law). Each entrant agrees to execute documents confirming such right and licence at Promoter’s reasonable request. By entering, you understand and agree that your entry (or portion thereof) may be posted online, in Promoter’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public.
14. By participating in the promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the promotion, or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries; or (f) third party infringement claims or (g) except if caused or contributed to by Promoter’s negligence, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the promotion or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to punitive, incidental, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
15. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All instructions form part of the rules.
16. Faya Nilsson’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Participation in the promotion constitutes winner’s consent to the Promoter’s use of winner’s name, voice, likeness and country of residence for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion, in any media throughout the world, without further payment or consideration, unless prohibited by law.
18. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Promoter for the purpose of administering the promotion and as consented to by entrant herein. Promoter shall not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrant with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by Promoter to fulfil the above purposes or as otherwise consented to by the entrant.
19. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English Law.