Being a strict pescetarian, I try to find different ways of working in varied, exciting protein-rich plant foods to my dishes, wherever possible. This salad ticks the protein box thanks to the lentils and that delectable ‘grilled halloumi’ topper. Combined with thyme and honey-roasted veggies, it tastes just a little reminiscent of something ‘Christmassy’, and absolutely delivers a hearty, filling experience that few salads can match. I dare you to take up the challenge of whipping this up for dinner during the coming week; get the full recipe by clicking MORE!
- Add the lentils to a pan of boiling water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, cooking uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly al dente (but not mushy, you ideally want a bit of chew-resistance to the texture).
- Once the lentils are done, drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the finely chopped carrots to a bowl with the thyme and honey. Pop the ingredients on a baking tray and let them roast for circa 5 minutes.
- Once the lentils have cooled, combine them with the vegetables.
- Chop and add the rest of the veggies and plate up.
- Having griddled some halloumi, place your preferred amount on top and top with a sprig of parsley.
- Consume voraciously, yet always responsibly! Enjoy x