Regular readers will know that I have a relentless sweet tooth and in an attempt to tame it, I make healthy snacks which are both sweet but also nutritious – and best of all, super easy to make! This blog post showcases the recipe for my healthy and all-natural Coconut and Chocolate Energy Balls which are perfect for dispatching that 15:00 itch! It’s also a collaboration with the innovative dental brand REGENERATE Enamel Science™, as to my mind, sweet teeth should be healthy teeth (dental hygiene is a bit of a Swedish national topic!) and this was a great opportunity to showcase that! Click MORE to see it all.
2. Put the almonds in a food blender and add the coconut oil, pink salt, and cacao nibs.
3. Spoon out the mixture and add the chopped dates. I prefer not to blend, but to get hands on at this point!
4. Manipulate the mixture into small bite-sized balls.
6. Break up the chocolate and slowly heat in a bowl over boiling water. Once the chocolate has melted gently dip the balls one-at-a-time, then immediately roll them in coconut flakes.
7. Let the balls cool off in the fridge for circa 2 hours.