A solitary piece of quinoa bread, lightly toasted, is topped with a foraged array of colourful superfoods including the spinach which is super rich in iron, vitamins (K,C,A, BD), the high protein (13g per 100g) poached eggs, and the avocado – packed with the good monounsaturated fats, mushrooms (low in Saturated Fat and Sodium), no too mention chilli and parsley – it ticks so many healthy flavour boxes! Here’s the ‘how to’…
Ingredients (serves two hungry persons)
1. Circa 200g Mixed mushrooms
2. 1 x Avocado (half on each toast)
3. Drizzle of Truffle oil
4. My home made quinoa bread (though wholewheat will do the job too)
5. A few crumbles of Goats cheese
6. 100 grams Spinach
7. 1 x clove Garlic (optional)
8. Chilli flakes/1.5 Fresh Chili (optional)
9. Parsley (optional)
10. 2 x large organic free range eggs
1. Start by frying the garlic and chilli until soft in a pan with avocado oil.
2. Add the mushrooms and fry until they take on a golden colour.
3. Steam The spinach.
4. Toast the bread & poach an egg in a water bath.
5. Mash or slice the ripe avocado.
6. Layer up the ingredients upon the toast – spinach bed, avocado mash, mushrooms, the poached egg.
7. Finally add some parsley, a few crumbs of goats cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil.