100 grams Quinoa
1 vanilla pod
100 grams Coconut milk
100 grams Water
1. Bring 100 ml of water to boil and add 100 g of uncooked quinoa to the saucepan.
2. Immediately reduce the heat to a low ‘simmering’ mark, and add 1 cup of coconut milk. Also add the vanilla pod, which should be sliced, with the seeds scattered into the saucepan.
3. Cover the saucepan and let it simmer until the contents are plump, and most of the liquid has been absorbed for 15 to 20 minutes. Finally ‘fluff’ with a fork (excuse my technical instructions, ahem!).
4. Grate the apple and add it to the porridge.
5. I added 4tbsp of homemade cold-pressed apple juice but you could add concentrate or indeed 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
6. Finally add your toppings, to your taste, and enjoy! Faya x