Spaghetti Bolognese remains a firm favourite dish the world over, but it’s one that we secretly know can’t possibly be that healthy. The reality is a seriously calorific event, often loaded with salt and high in fats (and not the healthy avocado-esque kinds). As part of my ongoing collaboration with Quorn, I’ve created a version that you can consider a far healthier alternative. As I’m a pescatarian (fish, but no meat) I’ve always used products like Quorn Meat-free Mince as a high-protein, low-saturated-fat source of nutrition – something I personally consider to be a key part of any healthy diet. Click MORE to get the recipe and ‘how-to’…
50g kidney beans
BOLOGNESE: How To?
1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Fry it in avocado oil until soft, and add fresh chilli.
2. Add the Quorn meat-free mince and let it fry for circa 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the homemade tomato sauce you whipped up in the above steps, as well as the kidney beans.
4. Cook the spelt spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
5. Plate, top with a sprig of fresh basil and drizzle with olive oil, serve and enjoy!