Earlier, whilst I was wandering through London’s beautiful Borough Market, the inspiration for this delicious and healthy little dish hit me! As part of my partnership with bPay which I announced last week, I ventured out free from the shackles of a bulky wallet (& bag in which to store it!) armed only with my bPay devices. A great way for me to buy fresh ingredients from some of the cute little independent stalls I like to visit in Borough. My favourite component of this recipe? The noodles are made from ‘spiralised’ courgette, and contain 5x less carbohydrate than their ‘pasta’ big brother, with just 20 calories per cup, and super immune boosting levels of Vitamin C – whilst being no less filling! Click MORE to get the full recipe, and discover the images from my trip to this gem of a market!
1) 4- 5 medium zucchini (courgettes)
2) Handful of cherry tomatoes
3) 1 tbsp of Pine nuts
4) Sprinkle of chilli flakes
5) 1 pinch of pink himalayan salt
6) Handful of marinated artichokes
7) 1/2 cup of fresh olives
8) Extra virgin olive oil
9) 3 tablespoons pesto
10) 1 garlic clove
11) 1/2 finely chopped fresh chilli
12) 1/2 cup of chickpeas
13) 40 grams of feta cheese
14) Fresh rocket
1. Start by lightly frying the finely crushed garlic and chill over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, pine nuts and olives and fry for another 2 minutes.
3. Whilst frying, use a spiralizer or finely cut the courgettes by hand.
4. Finally, add the courgettes to the pan, throw in a dollop of pesto, and toss the contents for a minute or so to circulate the flavours.
5. Add the artichoke shortly after.
6. Finally, plate the fabulous meal, garnishing with some rocket, and sprinkle the chilli flakes / crumble the feta cheese on top.
7. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top.