I recently enjoyed an awesome day of shooting with my friends at Quorn Foods in a super-cool Shoreditch loft, which housed the most gorgeous, bright-and-airy kitchen I’ve ever seen – the dream! It was part of our collaboration to come up with some healthy recipes featuring their meat free products; a sort of ‘Cooking with Faya’ event, where I had the opportunity to whip up my latest healthy green salad recipe, the Quorn Fattoush Salad. As a pescatarian (fish, but no meat) I’ve always used products like Quorn Meat-free Chicken pieces as a high-protein, low-saturated-fat source of nutrition – something I personally consider to be a key part of any healthy diet. This recipe is super quick and easy-to-make, requiring no more than 15-20 mins of your precious time (max!) – depending how quickly you chop and toss the salad! Click MORE to get the ‘how-to’, as well as some of my behind-the-scenes pics!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
1. 1/2 Shredded red cabbage
2. 8 halved cherry tomatoes
3. 100 grams Soya beans
4. 1 Sliced cucumber
5. 50 grams Feta cheese
6. 2 tbsp fresh Cumin
7. 2 Wholewheat Pitta Breads
8. 70grams of washed Peas
9. A pack Quorn meat free chicken roast free fillets
10. 100 grams Spinach, watercress and rocket
For the dressing:
1. 4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. A handful of roughly chopped fresh mint
3. 1 lemon
1. Start by preheating the grill to 250 degrees, and then grill the pitta breads until lightly crisped. Wait for them to cool down, then tear them into small pieces, and put them to the side for now.
2. Chop the cucumber into cubes, shred the cabbage and toss it into a large salad bowl.
3. Add the beans, peas, shredded red cabbage and leafy greens to the salad bowl.
4. Dry-fry the cumin for 5minutes (ensuring it doesn’t burn) to really develop the flavours!
5. For the dressing – finely chop the mint, add the olive oil and lemon juice to a bowl and mix well.
5. Throw all the ingredients into a bowl add the Quorn Meat-Free Roast Chicken Breast pieces, and drizzle the salad dressing.
6. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top and add the pitta pieces.
7. Finally, devour! Beware, it is utterly delicious!
Total time should be no more than 15-20min! Enjoy, Faya x