INDULGENCE ALERT! December holds so many relentless temptations; sugary cocktails, heavenly mince pies, calorific festive dinners, and all the other trimmings. Whilst the FitnessOnToast ethos encourages regular engagement with your ‘cheat treat’, it certainly doesn’t condone the tragicomic 7,000 calories that the average Brit will eat on christmas day! So for now, here’s my latest tasty recipe to help you stay on track with your fitness goals this December; Healthy Festive Pancakes! The ingredients are all natural, the taste is naturally (and modestly) sweetened, the texture is somewhere between regular and American pancakes (filling and thick, yet light and fluffy, with a deliciously full flavour). The result crushes future urges and/or temptations! Click MORE to get the ‘How To’…
My Healthy Festive Pancakes
These pancakes consist of six natural ingredients – banana (which lends the creamy consistency, is a natural mood-enhancer, & affords plenty of potassium), peanut butter (a great source of healthy fats, mainly Mono & Polyunsaturates, with a good amount of protein circa 2 tbps = 7 grams of protein), cinnamon (only a small amount required, offering such rich festive flavour & contains manganese, iron, calcium, and fibre), eggs (high in protein – 13g protein per 100g), almond milk and rice flour. They’re super quick-and-easy to make and they’re gluten free. Each regular-sized pancake weighs in at just under 190 good calories. Give it a go and let me know what you think with a comment below 😀 x
1. 1 Banana
2. 1 Organic free-range egg
3. 1 tbsp Peanut butter
4. 2 tbsp Rice flour
5. 2 tsp Cinnamon
6. 1 cup almond milk
7. Coconut butter to fry
1. Crack the eggs in a bowl, add the banana, peanut butter, almond milk, cinnamon and flour
2. Use a electrical whisk and stop when smooth and fluffy
3. Smear a tiny corner of coconut butter over the surface of a frying pan
4. Pour a small measure of the pancake mix on the pan. Fry for c. 20 seconds until golden brown on each side
5. Serve with fresh berries or a bowl of 0% Total greek yoghurt to compliment the texture & temperature!
6. Savour and enjoy!!!