Here at Fitness On Toast, I’ve literally had some emails asking about how to best keep on the straight-and-narrow when you travel abroad on business. This blogging malarkey takes me on my share of foreign adventures, so I can associate with the difficulties often faced; croissants and jam at the airport lounge, a tempting and yummy lunch at the destination, a hotel with delicious welcome-goodies perched on the check-in desk AND WHAT – NO GYM ?!? Fear not, all is not lost.
For travel-diet tips, see my post from last summer on Eating Healthily Whilst Travelling – but what about the exercise side of the equation? The pictures in this post might look comically goofy (and they absolutely are), but they hold the key to a simple travel ethos that’s gotten me out of trouble on so many occasions; half a workout is better than no workout at all! In these shots, I’m doing my basic 20-minute hotel-room routine that includes 3 circuits of the following (with minimal rest):
1) Press Ups – to target the pectorals, triceps and deltoids – 15 reps
2) Squats – to target the glutes, quads and hamstrings – 15 deep reps
3) Step-ups – to target the quads, hamstrings and calves – 15 reps
4) Lunges – to target the quads – 15 reps
5) Scissor-crunches – to target the upper abdominals – 15 reps
6) Tricep Dips – to target the triceps – 15 reps
7) Raised-leg crunches – to target the lower abdominals – 15 reps
8) Crazy Jumping Around – for cardio and stress release (try it! ahem) – loads of reps
9) Calming Yoga-inspired Meditation: to rest in between sets. 3 minutes should suffice.
Try 3 sets of the above next time you’re abroad; the whole thing is so quick and easy to do, and requires neither a gym nor any gym kit, so you can travel even lighter!!! Also, two ‘half workouts’ equal a whole 😀 Voila, guilt-free travelling! Faya x
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, THEN YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: