This is my idea of a healthy start to any day; tasty custom ‘super-muesli’, overflowing with essential vitamins, minerals, and energy sources for anything the world can throw at you! In this pic, I added some blueberries and Soya Light milk.
What’s so good about it? Well check out the ingredients photo in the full post [here]. Just empty them in to a plastic cereal box, close the lid and shake it around vigorously (great cardio), then serve! It contains:
1) Whole rolled organic porridge oats – complex carbs, low GI, for slow-release energy throughout the morning
2) Flax Seed – rich source of dietary fibre + omega-3 fatty acids, plus lowers cholesterol & stabilises blood sugar
3) Pine Nuts – rich in vitamin E for healthy skin, vitamin B for digestion, & mono-unsaturates that reduce bad cholesterol
4) Sunflower Seed – mono & poly unsaturate rich, folic acid and antioxidants for healthy cell regeneration
5) Pumpkin Seed – produces seratonin, your natural sleeping pill, plus each seed is about 30% protein!
6) Flaked Almonds – benefits are much like pine nuts
7) Chopped dried Apricot – dietary fibre, plus vitamin A for healthier eyesight & vitamin C for immune strength
8) Goji Berry – immensely rich in anti-oxidants
9) Organic raisins – they make it taste better and add to texture, though there’s also dietary fibre and antioxidants too.
Each 150g serving of this uber-muesli, excluding milk and blueberries, contains c. 550 good calories for an energetic start to the day, just 4 grams of saturated fat (0 transfats), 45g of carbs (of which only 6g are sugars), 22g of protein, and 10% of your daily iron intake! With added benefits like healthier skin, better circulation and heart function, lower cholesterol, it is surely the best way to start the day! Enjoy x