This is a super quick and healthy wok-style recipe which punches in with some serious flavour, and which allows you literally to raid your veggie box! As ever, I’m using coconut oil to cook, in this case, Pura – a blend of coconut oil and organic rapeseed oil which can maintain its nutritional value at a high temperature and is loaded with omega 3. For more about the benefits of this awesome ingredient, check out the post I wrote a while back, ‘Going Coco-Nuts!’ – that adds the textural lift. To transform this dish further and enhance the flavours and aromas, fresh herbs & spices make a massive difference – they are game changers for taste! The earthy, nutty, almost citrus flavours of the cumin complement the rice noodles perfectly and altogether, this dish tastes exquisite. Click more to get the full recipe!
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 roots of ginger, grated
- Pinch of chilli
- Pinch of cumin, and a pinch of masala
- 1/2 lemon
- 50ml Pura coconut oil blend
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- Shredded carrots
- Shredded cauliflower
- Bok Choi
- Thin ‘tender stem’ broccoli sticks
- A handful of different beans and sweet peas for added protein and crunch .
- Start by frying the garlic in the coconut oil on a low heat for 2-3 minutes Add the ginger and rice noodles.
- Add the prawns.
- Add a pinch of cumin.
- Toss the rice for 3 minutes
- Add the remaining vegetables and keep tossing it all for another 2-3 minutes.
- Just before removing the stir fry add the fresh coriander and Rocket and toss for 15 seconds.
- Total time 5-7minutes
I like my veggies crunchy but if you prefer them softer I would suggest that adding them earlier before the prawns. You might try to avoid wokking the prawns for too long as they’ll become quite hard and chewy, yet not so short a period of time that they’re riskily al-dente!
Enjoy! Faya x
This is a sponsored piece of content, and a paid collaboration with Pura.